Derby Athletic Club Teams compete at all levels and age groups:
Update: All summer 2020 competitions have been called off due to COVID-19
Our athletes both male and female, Masters to U17s, compete in the Northern League.
Senior Athletes are over 20 years of age, can be of any ability as long as they bring their very best efforts to any event they participate in for Derby Athletic Club.
Northern League Team Manager: Richard Wilson
Northern League Team Captain: Ella Blakey
Derby Athletic Club is in Division 2EC, competing against:
- Chesterfield Athletic Club
- City of Sheffield and Dearne Athletic Club
- Kingston upon Hull Athletic Club
- Lincoln Wellington Athletic Club
- Rotherham Harriers and Athletic Club
Events summer 2020:
- Saturday 2 May, Moorways Stadium, hosted by Derby Athletic Club
- Sunday 7 June, Sheffield Hallam University City Athletics Stadium, hosted by City of Sheffield and Dearne Athletic Club
- Sunday 12 July, Costello Stadium, Hull, hosted by Kingston upon Hull Athletic Club
- Saturday 1 August, Yarborough Leisure Centre, hosted by Lincoln Wellington Athletic Club
Mini-League is organised by Derbyshire Athletics and is run for U15s to U11s.
Events consist of Track and Field, Sports hall and Cross Country Competitions in a league format for Derbyshire Athletic Clubs.
Any Derby Athletic Club member in the age groups above can enter by just signing up on the team sheets available in the Clubroom noticeboard.
Summer 2020 Derbyshire Mini-League events (all at Moorways Stadium, first event 10am):
- Match 1 – Saturday 4 April
- Match 2 – Saturday 9 May
- Match 3 – Saturday 23 May
- Match 4 – Saturday 22 August
Derbyshire Mini-League T&F Team Manager:
Derbyshire Mini-League T&F Team Captain:
Derbyshire Mini-League Cross-Country Team Manager:
Derbyshire Mini-League Cross-Country Team Captain:
Derbyshire Mini-League Sportshall Team Manager: Richard Coulson
Derbyshire Mini-League Sportshall Team Captain:
Youth Development League Lower
YDL Lower is a league for U13 and U15 athletes. for summer 2020 DAC competes in the North/East Midland Division 1, against:
- Amber Valley and Erewash Athletic Club
- Charnwood Athletic Club
- City of Stoke Athletic Club
- Mansfield Harriers Athletic Club
- Royal Sutton Coldfield Athletic Club
- Saffron Athletic Club
Match dates and venues (first event 11.15am):
- Saturday 16 May, at Moorways Stadium, hosted by Derby Athletic Club
- Saturday 6 June, at Moorways Stadium, hosted by Amber Valley and Erewash Athletic Club
- Saturday 18 July, at Loughborough University Stadium, hosted by Charnwood Athletic Club
- Saturday 8 August, promotion match at Solihull.
Points for the team are won through athletes’ performances. The team is selected from those athletes who have announced their availability.
Team Managers will choose the team (two athletes per event) and publish this with plenty of notice. To advise of their availability for events, members should sign up in the Clubroom or contact their team manager.
YDL (Lower) Team Managers: Rob Dover and Damon Chambers
YDL (Lower) Team Captains:
Youth Development League Upper
YDL Upper is a league for U17s and U20s. Derby athletic Club competes in the North/East Midland Division 1B, against:
- Amber Valley and Erewash Athletic Club
- Burton Athletic Club
- Cannock and Stafford Athletic Club
- Tamworth Athletic Club
- Telford Athletic Club.
Match dates and venues (all double headers, including the teams from Division 2B. First event 11.15am):
- Sunday 26 April, at Burton, hosted by Burton Athletic Club
- Sunday 24 May, at Moorways Stadium, hosted by Derby Athletic Club
- Saturday 21 June, at Newark, hosted by the East Notts alliance
- Sunday 26 July, promotion match at Milton Keynes.
Points for the club are based on your performances. The team is selected from those athletes who have announced their availability.
Team Managers will choose the team (two athletes per event) and publish these with plenty of notice. To advise of their availability for events, members must sign-up in the Clubroom or contact your team manager.
YDL (Upper) Team Managers: Paul Blakey
YDL (Upper) Team Captains: Lauren Blakey and Tye Parker.
Cross Country and Road Races
The Club supports the North Midlands Cross Country Leagues throughout the winter months (October to January).
This League offers races for Seniors/Masters, Under 17, Under 15, Under 13 and Under 11 for both females and males.
Teams are entered in to the Northern and National Cross Country Championships (including relays) in all age groups and both sexes.
Teams are also entered in to the Northern and National Road Relays in September/October and April.
In September/October the Senior Men race over 6 stages, the Women over 4 stages and the Under 17s, Under 15s, and Under 13s race over 3 stages.
In the April Relays the men’s team comprises 12 stages (they qualify for the Nationals via the Northern) and the women’s over 6 stages and they can enter the Nationals direct without having to qualify.
Please take a look on the committee or contact us page to view contact details for the relevant team managers or alternatively contact our competitions officer for details, Richard Wilson
In addition, there are the County Championships, for Cross Country (individual entry) in January covering all age groups and both genders.