Level 1 Officials Course – Stoke-on-Trent
Attendees need to do the H&S/Generic module and at least one of the Level one modules to qualify as an Official. These are the approximate times for the modules:
|Saturday 30th March 2019||Health & Safety and Generic Module||10-12pm||MO0359HS||West Midlands||Northwood Stadium , Keelings Rd, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 6PB|
|Level 1 Field Official||12.30-5pm||MO0359FD|
|Level 1 Track Official||12.30-3pm||MO0359TR|
|Level 1 Timekeeping Official||12.30-3pm||MO0359TK|
The costs for the courses are:
£30 – Full Level 1 Course – includes Health & Safety, Generic and one discipline module
£10 – Health & Safety Module only – (for current Level 1+ officials)
£20 – Discipline only (for those who have already attended H&S/Generic)
Who should go on this course?
This course is suitable for all new officials from the ages of 14+ to attend (officials can only gain a licence card and DBS from 16+). Candidates work under the supervision of a qualified official in a specific discipline (e.g. Track, Field, Timekeeping, etc) before becoming a qualified technical official.
What will I learn?
After completing the course candidates will have a knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Appropriate attire/equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of the role
- Ability to follow duty sheet.
- List events/roles covered
- Health and Safety
- Relationships with other officials and athletes
- Knowledge and application of rules
- Ability to make quick and correct decisions
- Presentation and accuracy of result card
- How to become a club, county or regional official and gain your officials licence
What will I be able to do?
After completing the course candidates will need to gain experience by attending four athletics meetings, operating under the supervision of a qualified UKA Technical Official. These experiences should be recorded and submitted to England Athletics to show evidence of undertaking a variety of roles. A DBS check will also be required following which a Level 1 Officials Licence will be issued. By undertaking further experiences and completing a log book, officials can progress to qualify at further levels.
- To see a list of all Officials courses please go to our website: https://www.englandathletics.org/officiating/qualifications/officials-courses/
- To download an information booklet for each Officiating discipline (e.g. Field, Track, Timekeeping…) please go to this page: https://www.englandathletics.org/officiating/development-opportunities/useful-resources/